There was a record-breaking response to this school year’s BACK the JACK campaign. To date, the total amount raised is $102,416. The board of the foundation could not have been happier with the results.
This year’s goal was $90,000, a significant increase from last year’s goal. The positive thinking and committed work of the entire Nickajack community made the goal attainable and the results exceed the 2017-2018 goal by over 25%.
This year’s campaign dollars have been used to purchase/fund:
- Tech Tubs
- STEM Bins
- School-wide software and curriculum enhancements including iXL, SumDog, RazPlus, Write to Learn, Type to Learn
- Teacher grants – 16 grants were awarded to 21 teachers for classroom wishes and professional development opportunities.
- Ms. Easom & Ms. Sheppard-Roberts: Smarty Plants – Hands On Exploration – all Kindergarten
- Ms. Hollis: Living Ecosystem
- Ms. Johnson: STEM Bins
- Ms. Yi: STEM: I Can Build It
- Ms. Zentner: Virtual Reality for Target
- Ms. Kordel & Ms. Llanos: Classroom Library/Read-Aloud Collection and Spanish Resources
- Ms. Kordel & Ms. Wolfgang: Qball Throwable Wireless Microphone
- Ms. Heflin: Coding with Kids and science lab consumables
- Ms. Keyser: Webber Hearbuilder
- Ms. Robbins: Edmark Reading Program and iPads
- Ms. Heflin & Ms. Maples: GA Science Teachers Annual Conference
- Ms. Butler, Ms. Kordel, Ms. Smiley, Ms. Tucker, & Ms. Joiner: Teach Your Heart Out Conference
- Ms. Priest: Studies Weekly Health Newspaper – all 4th grade classes
Although the official campaign ended in September, the foundation continues to receive donations and corporate matching dollars. It is highly likely the campaign total will continue to increase.